Art Journal with us!
Do you like to create with alcohol ink? I know that I sure do and I would love for you to join me on a journey in alcohol ink art journaling. I’m Laurie Williams an alcohol ink, mixed media artist and fan of everything alcohol ink. I find art journaling a fun, no-stress way to create art. When I create in my journal, I’m experimenting, I’m playing, having fun and relaxing. I’m not worried about commissions or sales… just pure fun art therapy. So I thought it would be a lot of fun to start an art journal challenge with some of my fellow alcohol inkers! I hope you can join us.
I’d like to invite you to join me in a new challenge launching September 1, 2020 and will continue through December 2021.
Here’s how to participate!
- Find an art journal to use for your challenge.
It will need to have at least 10 pages for creating art. You can create your own or use a mixed media art journal with primed pages.
- Starting in the beginning, just create art using alcohol ink on each page of your journal. And yes, you can mix it up with other mediums too. But it does need to include at least 25% alcohol ink.
- Post photos as you go of the individual pages on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #AIJournalChallenge. If you use that #AIJournalChallenge on Instagram, they will show up below in our feature gallery!
- When you’ve done 10 art pages, create a slideshow video of the 10 journal pages OR a flip-through video. Again, use the hashtag #AIJournalChallenge so that we can follow each other!
For inspiration, I’ll be posting videos of some of my Alcohol Ink Art Journal creations on the Alcohol Ink Art Community YouTube Channel during the challenge.
- BUY an Alcohol Ink Art Journal (9×12 NARA Paper Journal by Laurie Trumpet)
- CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY FREE VIDEO on HOW to CREATE your own ALCOHOL INK ART JOURNAL
- DOWNLOAD a list of ART PROMPTs to use for the INSPIRATION
NEW! We will host several LIVE Journal Creative Sessions for journal art on our YouTube Channel! We hope you can join us!