Recipe for blending solution: variations from our community
- 6 drops glycerin in 3 oz. 91% alcohol.
- 2 drops glycerin in 50ml alcohol
Glycerin is an organic compound known more formally as glycerol. Its common sources are animal fat and vegetable oil. Glycerin is a clear, odorless liquid at room temperature, and it has a sweet taste. It’s most commonly used in soap and is also a common ingredient in many pharmaceuticals. It is available online, in Walmarts and most drug stores. Some of our members have found that the glycerin most commonly sold is not vegetable glycerin, and that glycerin marked as that is significantly better than the more common kinds sold in CVS/ Walmart. It is sometimes available at Michaels in the cake decorating section. (Thanks to Regina Whelan for the picture.)
Latest posts by Alcohol Ink Art Community (see all)
- Debra Jason – Alcohol Ink Scarves - September 12, 2022
- Jacquard Piñata Varnish for Sealing Alcohol Ink – Could be a Game Changer! - August 25, 2022
- Summer Wreath – Alcohol Ink Class with Francine Dufour Jones - May 27, 2022