Recipe for blending solution: variations from our community
- 6 drops glycerin in 3 oz. 91% alcohol.
- 2 drops glycerin in 50ml alcohol
Glycerin is an organic compound known more formally as glycerol. Its common sources are animal fat and vegetable oil. Glycerin is a clear, odorless liquid at room temperature, and it has a sweet taste. It’s most commonly used in soap and is also a common ingredient in many pharmaceuticals. It is available online, in Walmarts and most drug stores. Some of our members have found that the glycerin most commonly sold is not vegetable glycerin, and that glycerin marked as that is significantly better than the more common kinds sold in CVS/ Walmart. It is sometimes available at Michaels in the cake decorating section. (Thanks to Regina Whelan for the picture.)
Latest posts by Alcohol Ink Art Community (see all)
- #FunCity2020 Alcohol Ink Art Challenge - January 3, 2020
- Fast & Fun Alcohol Ink Painting Projects with Laurie Trumpet Williams - December 3, 2019
- INKsmART LIVE: INK SPOT Laurie Williams, Jan Hackett, Bonnie Rothenberg Glassner, Teresa Kobold Brown, Kelly McCurdy - December 3, 2019