Favorite colors: (gleaned from answers to the question “What are your favorite colors?” asked periodicallly in the group’s discussion.
- Pinata®: Baja Blue, Mantilla Black (for backgrounds), Passion Purple, Rich Gold (pretty universally reviewed as the best gold mixative), Sangria Sapphire, Sapphire Blue, Senorita Margarita
- Tim Holtz Adirondack®: Aqua (for skies),Butterscotch, Citrus, Cool Peri, Cranberry, Currant, Denim, Eggplant, Espresso, Honeycomb, Indigo, Lemonade, Lettuce, Pool (for skies), Poppyfield, Red Pepper, Sailboat Blue, Slate, Snow Cap (generally recognized as the go-to white mixative), Sunbright Yellow, Stream, Teakwood, Terra Cotta, Willow, Winter Turquoise, Ranger Pitch Black (has pink/red hues), Wild Plum (noted to fade). For skies, several readers recommend mixing blue ink with Ranger Snowcap.
Latest posts by Alcohol Ink Art Community (see all)
- Alcohol Ink Gel Printing (Replay) - July 30, 2021
- What Do Naomi Judd and Hunter Biden Have in Common? Alcohol Ink Art! - June 23, 2021
- Abstract Alcohol Ink Technique – Tony Abbate - June 20, 2021