How to Paint a Lighthouse with Alcohol Ink on NARA Paper
In the full-length, narrated demonstration and lesson, Laurie “Trumpet” Williams demonstrates painting a lighthouse with alcohol ink. The substrate featured in the video is a synthetic paper from NARA Synthetic Papers. NARA Papers are relatively new to the market and is designed to work well with alcohol ink painting, but has many purposes such as use in packaging. NARA is located in Maharashtra, India. As you may or may not know alcohol ink will stain the surface. Not on NARA paper! I’m amazed at the results. As you will see in this eLesson and demonstration, I am able to completely lift out the background to paint the lighthouse… all the way back to white. Big plus!
Because I can lift to white, I don’t have to spend as much time masking, drying, revealing and such. I can just lift out ares that I want to be white or need to re-paint.
The ink flows really well on this paper, as well.
Have you tried NARA Paper? If so let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear your experience with it.
Supplies used in this demonstration:
- NARA Synthetic Paper ( Available at Amazon https://amzn.to/2NXrvdi )
- Ranger Alcohol Ink (Sailboat Blue, Pool, Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange, Lettuce and Mushroom)
- Brushes (Flat and Round)
- 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Ranger White Pen (https://amzn.to/3aK0vbg)
- Micron Illustration Pen Black .5 (https://amzn.to/2RoGBe3)
- Pipettes ( https://amzn.to/2RqV2ON )
- Paper Towels
Learn more about NARA Synthetic Paper.
Note: Links on our site are sometimes, but not always affiliate links, which means if you purchase through our link, we may earn a small commission. We only recommend products we use ourselves and recommend. All proceeds go to support the upkeep of this community.
Latest posts by Alcohol Ink Art Community (see all)
- Alcohol Ink Gel Printing (Replay) - July 30, 2021
- What Do Naomi Judd and Hunter Biden Have in Common? Alcohol Ink Art! - June 23, 2021
- Abstract Alcohol Ink Technique – Tony Abbate - June 20, 2021